Terms & Conditions
The competition is organised by The Big Picture. By submitting an entry to the competition, you agree to accept the competition terms and conditions.
The Big Picture may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 8 October 2013.
- The competition is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying at universities and colleges in the UK and Republic of Ireland. We also welcome entries from recent graduates who graduated no earlier than January 2013. Registration and entry is free.
- Entry is open to individuals working alone or a pair working in partnership.
- Candidates should register and submit their work at the competition website.
- Entrants may only submit one entry per competition year.
- Entries must be the original work of entrants. Entrants who incorporate creative material belonging to someone else must obtain the other party’s permission. Entrants may be asked to provide evidence of ownership.
- All entries must be submitted via the competition website in PDF format showing entry number (and no other personally identifiable information such as name or institution). Physical entries will not be accepted.
- The competition closes on 28 February at 6pm and late submissions may not be accepted.
Ownership of your work
- Entrants retain ownership of their submission.
- By sending your submission, candidates grant The Big Picture, Brand Opus and appropriate brands/owners non-exclusive license for the duration of copyright protection to reproduce or distribute a reproduction of the entry in all media in order to promote or act as a historical record of the Design In Sight competition as an organising, supporting or partner organisation.
- Entrants agree that, should a sponsor wish to develop or use a Response for commercial purposes, the entrant will enter into negotiations with that sponsor to agree terms for such development or usage before negotiating with any other party in relation to the Response.
- The Big Picture advises all entrants to obtain independent legal advice in respect of any agreements being discussed between a partner organisation and entrant.
- The Big Picture reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions, if necessary, from time to time.
- You can de-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.